Full Term/Perm Position
Established for over 20 years, our client continues to be a vital network and infrastructure partners to both fixed and mobile carriers across the enterprise sector. Through continued growth and progression they have expanded globally.
They are currently recruiting for a Wireless Surveyor to become a key part of the project team, working directly with the Project Manager and clients. The role is predominantly site based with some follow-up office/desktop work. Surveying will be nationwide but generally tends to be regional depending on project work allocation. Travel to and from sites is an integral part of the job.
Reporting the Wireless Project Manager, the key responsibilities for the role will include:
• Observe client specific site access procedures (log on and off site).
• Carry out risk assessments on site prior to work commencing and report any visible hazards or defects from site by way of a red flag.
• Implement control measures as required to enable the survey to be completed in a safe manner.
• Obtain & accurately record all existing site information and propose the optimal solution based on client specification and any known constraints.
• Act as the company representative when attending any survey or MSV (multi-skilled visit) and always protect the interests of both the company and the Customer.
• Be professional and conscientious at all times both on and off site.
• Liaise with all those involved on site at survey including but not limited to Site Provider (Landlord) or their appointed Agent/Engineer, Acquisition, Planning, Construction, Radio, Transmission, County Council etc.
• Collate the information gathered in a concise manner: incl. survey notes, sketches, photos and present it clearly for submission to the client.
• Compile all project specific reports and associated documentation with a strong focus on quality, deadlines, and deliverables.
• Liaise with the PM and/or Survey Manager.
• Assist with resolving any queries to enable sites to progress to Design as quickly as possible.
• Always comply with company policies & procedures.
• Adhere to current Health & Safety legislation without exception.
• Working at height (rooftop)
• IRF awareness (ICNIRP) CSCS (CSR)
• Full clean driving licence
• Advance Climbing & Tower Rescue, Police Clearance, MOD Vetted
• 2 years + in a similar challenging work environment
• Preferably with a civil engineering/surveying/construction background
• Proven relevant experience on Irish mobile networks, experience working on with Three, EIR, Imagine and/or Vodafone sites is essential.
• Proven relevant experience of Ericsson/Huawei/Samsung/Nokia equipment is essential.
• Working knowledge of mobile networks using wireless technologies
• PC Literate (proficient in MS office) with good reporting and communication skills
• Line of Site (LOS) experience not essential but desirable
• Determined and enthusiastic
• Keen to learn and develop skills
• Thorough and well organised
• Strong team player
• Good communicator and IT literate
• Attention to detail
• Driven to succeed