Providing services to its customers in the UK for the past 5 years, our client has extensive expertise in delivering a wide range of services and solutions for both fixed and wireless network infrastructure. With a successful track record in some of the biggest Telecoms projects in the country, they are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
Due to this continued growth and expansion, they are currently looking to recruit a Field Commissioning Engineer to join their established team in the Reading area. This is a field based position, so you will therefore need to be flexible to travel.
The Field Commissioning Engineers help to ensure that the products they are responsible for, work properly and that they meet the clients needs.
Typical Deliverables include:
• Commissioning of Ericsson / Nokia BTS Equipment.
• PIM & Distance to PIM Testing of Antenna – Feeder Systems.
• VSWR & Distance to Fault Testing of Antenna – Feeder Systems.
• Noise Floor Measurements of Antenna – Feeder Systems.
• Test calls of Ericsson Base Stations.
• Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing of deployed telecommunications equipment.
• Keeping records of upgrades, repairs, and maintenance performed.
• Maintaining in-depth, current knowledge of equipment.
• Reporting of the full working process on field.
• Maintaining workflow process reports with back-office support.
• Verifying service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
• Maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
• Maintaining safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
• Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock;
• Enhancing department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Demonstrate understanding of the mobile network.
• Experience in a Telecoms environment
• External Field Commissioning experience
• Clear driving license
• Quick and logical thinking
• Be confident in taking decisions
• Good computer skills
• Good knowledge of MS office pack
• Pay attention to detail