|Job Title||T&D Engineer|
|Location||Homebased initially, later in UK (London)|
|Perm/Temp||1 Year, Normal weekday working 9am – 5.30pm|
|Reporting To||Project Manager|
Key Objectives/ Deliverables
Key Technical Skills
- Solid understanding of routing protocols, BGP, ISIS, MPLS, Netflow
- Experienced in the use of routers running multiple VRFs
- Good understanding of Radware (APSolute Vision, DefenseFlow , DefensePro) and Kentik products for DDoS
- Ability to work across different Cisco operating systems IOS-XR, IOS, NX-OS etc (IOS-XR is mandatory)
- Ability to perform general troubleshooting across these environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of ip subnetting and address allocation within both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Knowledge and understanding of the physical aspect of Cisco devices. Different card types and specifications, fibre/copper connectivity.
- Working experience of Palo Alto firewalls
- Experienced in the use of some form of traffic generation test hardware/software – IXIA or BreakingPoint
- Any knowledge or use of VMs would be very helpful.
Desirable – technical / professional qualifications
- Architect technical knowledge level of IP/MPLS, LAN/WAN technologies.
- Knowledge of network design and operations level
- Formal network certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE).
- Be a team player. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organisational skills
- Well-presented and professional
- Organised and ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good planner
- Methodical & Structured
- Ability to articulate and express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Solve problems by using a logical and systematic approach.
- Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of any failures and take appropriate action.
- Ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
Academic & Technical Background
- 7+ years’ experience
- IR35 Mandatory
- Information Technology literate.
- English language & written.
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders & within a multi-cultural organisation.