Job Title: Survey & Design Manager
Salary: £50,000- £60,000 plus Car Allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Our client is a dynamic, delivery-focussed project management company providing end to end solutions for the UK’s mobile and fixed line network operators.
Due to recent contract awards, they are looking to reorganise their internal delivery teams are creating the role of a Senior Survey and Design Manager to drive the focused client facing teams.
- The role of the Senior Survey & Design Manager (S&D) includes the support to the existing Head of S&D to provide the day to day team management and support to the S&D Team for the AltNet clients and develop workstreams by gaining full understanding of the client requirements, documenting such, and ensuring the client technical requirements are properly understood, translated and communicated to the Senior Surveyors and Senior Planners and members of the Planning Team by means of detailed communication, meetings, forums and all other methods available.
- To be the primary point of contact with all client and suppliers’ technical representative to discuss and review the client expectations and to assess, by calculation, the effect of these expectations from a resource, budget, scope and schedule perspective as well as assessing the health & safety and environmental impact of the solution and influence of other services. To liaise closely with the client with regard to possible alternative solutions. Internal and external reporting whilst also supporting relevant client project workflows profitability.
- You will have responsibility for the Technical and Quality of the S&D delivery for all of the AltNet clients. You will need to oversee the progression of all elements of client services and to be proficient in presenting to senior stakeholders be they internal or external.
- Another key element of this role is to ensure that the company continue to build on excellent client relationships, ensuring that the company meet SLA’s and meet client contract obligations, whilst also ensuring the projects are delivered within budgeted turnover and margin.
- You will also support the delivery of RFI, RFQ responses in cooperation with the Head of Fixed Line S&D.
- Demonstrating Industry knowledge of Fibre Design delivery
- Strong and proven FTTH Technical acumen with proficiency to be able to report to Head of Fixed Line S&D and Finance Manager as appropriate on project profitability, deliverability and any associated risks, delivery and forecasting against budget.
- Strong operational and leadership experience across multiple disciplines, including, Fibre Network Architecture. Project Management, business change and development.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving and exceeding challenging objectives.
- A strong, energetic, and passionate leader, with the ability to communicate at all levels, innovate and execute to the highest standards in pressurised environments.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in building high performance teams and organisational structures that have a proven track record of success.
- Ability to demonstrate the personal and leadership characteristics required in a fast-growing organisation to underpin individual and business success.
- Passionate and agile leader with a track record of delivering the bottom-line objectives in a high-pressure environment.
- Passion to protect and enhance brand for both the company and its employees and customers.
- Ability to build strong client relationships and develop new avenues of profitable business opportunities.
- In-depth understanding of Survey & Design Team management methods
- Fundamental knowledge of Fibre Network Architecture
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and implement change control
- Ability to create and implement budgets
- Previous, significant commercial experience and strong commercial awareness of delivery services into fixed/fibre clients.
- Ability to drive and deliver project quality to meet SLA and agreed delivery dates.
- Previous, significant design experience and strong team focus awareness.
- Excellent client stakeholder management skills
- Organised and methodical approach to tracking and managing information across multiple projects
- Strong time and prioritisation management skills
- Strong IT literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to other online collaboration tools
- Preferably with Project Management qualifications, Prince2 or similar delivery focused delivery accreditation
- Salary: £50,000pa – £60,000pa
- Car Allowance: £4200pa
- Holiday: 25 days + ½ for birthday
- Pension: 5% employer and 3% employee
- Life insurance