Job Title: Streetworks Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Providing services to its customers in the UK for the past 5 years, our client has extensive expertise in delivering a wide range of services and solutions for both fixed and wireless network infrastructure. With a successful track record in some of the biggest Telecom’s projects in the country, they are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
They are currently looking for a Streetworks Coordinator to join their team in Southend-on-Sea, to be responsible for the coordination of the notices required by the Operations team as well as being a point of contact to deal with queries from the local authorities and the operations team.
- Notice and Permit all cabling, civil excavation and reinstatement works carried out on the public highway, and to be able to generate regular reports.
- Submit accurate permits using illustrations, maps with permit conditions attached using the job information, position, and dimensions of all work activities on the public highway including materials with the primary objective of efficient working and minimising disruption to the public.
- Work with other stakeholders and coordinate with other 3rd parties e.g., Parking suspensions, Bus Stop suspensions, Road Closures etc
- To contact other works promoters and to arrange joint working where necessary to minimise disruption, costs and expedite works.
- Work closely with local authorities, you will be responsible for opening and closing permits using streetworks systems whilst ensuring that all aspects of the TMA (Traffic Management Act) are met. Respond to Highways comments, PMR and manage active permits to prevent any Fixed Penalty Notices and Overrun charges.
- To minimise overrun charges by interrogating the EToN database, extracting information regarding incomplete works. And contacting engineers to avoid costs due for unreasonable occupation of the highway.
- Work collaboratively with contractors and notifying of potential defects and FPNs to reduce exposure of penalties from the Highway Authority.
- Analyse and respond to FPN’s and Section 74 charges
- Send permit registrations where required and run registrations reports regularly
- To work with other teams / departments to assist with noticing and permitting in the public highway.
- Have a wide experience of Utility Streetworks Coordination
- Symology Insight Training for Street Works Register Utility Training and/or Street Works Register
- Ability to undertake NRSWA financial duties (i.e., gathering supporting document for Fixed Penalty Notices, Permit fees, Overrun Charges, and inspection charges)
- Technical knowledge of relevant legislation especially New Roads & Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Signs Regulations, Road Traffic Act, H&S At Work Act, Traffic Management Act 2014 and the application of the legislation when making decisions about works proceeding on the highway
- Work on initiative, proactive and willing to challenge
- Have good time management and experience meeting tight deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Have good IT skills and competency in computer systems