Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK. They possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
They are looking for a Site Agent to come on board and join their team as they are rapidly expanding.
- Deliver the works safely
- Ensure all project team members align to the principles of IIF.
- Be familiar with and observe all relevant statutory provisions applicable to construction and related industries.
- Implement the company’s procedures for dealing with sub-contractors
- Provide an overall health & safety plan for each site, making an adequate assessment of the risks involved, and ensuring that safe systems of work and method statements are produced, followed and reviewed.
- Ensure activity and/or substance-specific assessments under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations are made and communicated to those at risk.
- Ensure employees, self employed, temporarily employed and non employed trainees/persons have received adequate training and information about the activity they are required to undertake, particularly by ensuring induction is provided for those attending a location for the first time.
- Ensure employees are aware of the company’s policy for health & safety at work and that they have understood its requirements.
- Ensure proper protective equipment is provided, maintained and used.
- Report all accidents and incidents to the appointed health & safety manager, carry out investigations.
- Arrange 4-weekly health & safety planning meetings with the appointed health & safety manager. Complete Understanding of all the project objectives.
- Manage the client’s expectation.
- Identify customer objectives, ensure regular feedback is collected and that action plans in response to feedback are implemented. Develop the Tender Programme into a construction programme. (Within 4 weeks of award)
- Manage and support the production of a resourced Construction Programme showing design
Experience and Requirements:
- Technical and management abilities
- Organisational and management skills
- Knowledge of the requirements of CDM regulations
- Ability to produce Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets,
- Knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental issues
- Experience in construction
Key Competencies Required:
- Good Communicator
- Team Leader
- Business Awareness
- Knowledge and understanding of construction management
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Able to work under pressure
- Self- Motivated
- Effective use of initiative