Job Title: Senior Field Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Working Environment: Reactive. Working in a constantly changing environment and locations. Homebased.
Established for over 20 years, our client continues to be a vital network and infrastructure partners to both fixed and mobile carriers across the enterprise sector. Through continued growth and progression they have expanded globally.
They are currently looking for a Senior Field Engineer to join their established team, to help support class engineering infrastructure and technical services to customers and end clients through teams with competent and qualitative skillsets.
The main accountabilities of the role will include (but not limited to):
- Provide First Line Maintenance support to the current customer base.
- Carry out installation and commissioning duties in both a project and maintenance environment.
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met.
- Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
- Provide regular up-to-date information on progress of intervention.
- Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
- Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA.
- Fault finding; Ability to lead on resolving complex technical problems as well as receiving instructions to resolve outstanding issues.
- Ability to exceed the objective defined in A3 & A4 of the company skills matrix plus provides first line leadership and direction to engineers, defines and implements Field Quality Installation Standards, consults on Infrastructure Services and assists in the relevant Service Partner management programmes.
- Installation of metalwork, basket work and basic rack and stack services
- Fibre and cable pulling, dressing, labelling and secure of same
- Copper Cable termination including Cat “x” and E1 terminations
- Continuity, test and measurement of cable and fibre runs
- Electrical connectivity of 240v AC and up to 48v DC to distribution panels (no power up until certification)
- Electrical, test inspection and certification of 240v AC and 48v DC power
- Field Installation Supervision of internal and external team members
- Controls and Manages Risk Assessment Method Statement documentation
- Provides Field Installation Quality Audit Services of Installation works to required standards including planning and monitoring of rectification works and improvement plans
- Adhere to KPI’s and provide feedback on performance of deployment individuals and teams to Engineering manager(s)
- Develop fault diagnosis skills using OTDR and Ethernet/OSA testing procedures
- Develop fault diagnosis skills (including use of appropriate test gear) to support all extensive standalone and network commissioning procedures
- Provide coaching (hands on training) through lab workshops
- Owns the project when designated as lead engineer. Provide a point of contact for escalation of technical issues arising in a project
- Be responsible for the production of accurate, high quality project documentation
- May from time to time provide a closer level of assistance to the Project Manager by carrying out basic project management tasks
- Where required, perform, manage and record HSE and SVSA inspections.
- Operates across complex networks, technologies and languages
- To take ownership of assigned faults through to resolution
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Comply with company & local standards, procedures & protocols with specific responsibility for performance to engineering key performance indicators.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Engineering Quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet business requirements.
- Complete other ad hoc duties as required.
- Qualified and highly experienced in physically building Telecoms Infrastructure services from plans and to Quality requirements.
- A highly experienced Commissioner who can provide the services defined in [A3 and A6] plus is experienced in Network commissioning thus providing network test and fault finding, leadership and mentoring to more junior members of staff, advice and input to technical designs and issues and demonstrates leadership qualities in “thinking outside the box”
- Demonstrable “hands on” experience including I&C activity, test equipment, network build, and power.
- 18th edition Electrical Installation City & Guilds
- 18th edition Electrical Test City & Guilds
- Fibre Splicing City & Guilds
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of Nokia, Juniper, Huawei, Tellabs, Infinera and Ciena equipment, plus an in-depth knowledge of networking, optical transmission systems and IP.
- Proven customer interface skills base on experience in similar environments.
- Report writing excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Able to work under pressure and positively influence others.
- PC literate, especially Microsoft Office 365 suite. Experience of using Visio is essential.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet all SLAs as required.
- Flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 18th Edition Electrical testing.
- NRSWA Unit 2 Chapter 8.
- Rooftop Awareness.
- RF Awareness.
- Manual Handling
- First Aid
- SC Clearance/BS7858 Clearance/Equivalent