Job Title: Senior Engineer/Principal Field Engineer
Job Type: Full time- perm
Established for over 20 years, our client continues to be a vital network and infrastructure partners to both fixed and mobile carriers across the enterprise sector. Through continued growth and progression, they have expanded globally.
Due to this continued expansion, they are currently looking for a Senior Engineer/Principal Field Engineer to join their team.
The Senior Engineer will be expected to provide Field Deployment & First Line Maintenance support to a varied customer base. Day to day tasks will involve new build deployment activities and/or responding to maintenance calls within SLA, fault finding and hardware replacement with TAC assistance. He/she will also provide support in technical competence, observing the company Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide First Line Maintenance support to the current customer base.
- Carry out installation and commissioning duties in both a project and maintenance environment.
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met.
- Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
- Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
- Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA.
- Fault Finding. Ability to receive instructions to resolve outstanding issues.
- Installation of metalwork, basket work and basic rack and stack services.
- Fibre and cable pulling, dressing, labelling and securing of same.
- Copper Cable termination including Cat “x” and E1 terminations.
- Ensure continuity, test and measurement of cable and fibre runs.
- Electrical connectivity of 240v AC and up to 48v DC to distribution panels (no power up until certification).
- Controls and Manages Risk Assessment and Method Statement documentation.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Engineering Quality standards are maintained within the business at all times.
- Develop fault diagnosis skills using OTDR, Ethernet/OSA testing procedures.
- Perform all necessary installation activities on vendor supplied products and/or supervise the sub-contracting of these activities.
- Where required, perform, manage and record SVSA’s and HSE audits.
- To ensure successful completion of all deployment activities to the customers satisfaction.
- To take ownership of assigned faults through to resolution.
- Qualified and experienced in physically building Telecoms Infrastructure services from plans and to Quality requirements.
- Demonstrable “hands on” experience including I&C activity, test equipment, network build, and power.
- 18th edition Electrical Installation City & Guilds and 18th edition Electrical Test City & Guilds
- Fibre Splicing City & Guilds
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of Nokia, Juniper, Huawei, Tellabs, Infinera and Ciena equipment, plus an in-depth knowledge of networking, optical transmission systems and IP.
- Proven customer interface skills base on experience in similar environments.
- Computer proficient and excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Able to work under pressure and positively influence others.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet all SLAs as required.
- Flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
- Full UK Driving Licence