Job Title: Sales Director
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Our client supports the UK’s biggest telecoms operators and OEM companies by providing a complete range of services, from Network Planning, Design & Optimisation, through to Network Implementation, Performance, Managing Change and ongoing Operational Technical and Maintenance Support.
They are currently looking for a Sales Director to join their well established team. Reporting to the CEO, the Sales Director is responsible for sales lead generation and customer engagement, primarily for new accounts.
The role contributes to the strategic direction and remains aware of market developments for the company. The Sales Director is responsible for potential customer engagements and how these engagements fit with the strategic direction of the company.
The role requires a high degree of market intelligence and the ability to monitor and track trends to positively affect change for the company. The role also requires highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to operate at all levels within the business and throughout the potential customer base.
The Sales Director will be able to maintain close, trusting relationships with colleagues and peers and provide support and direction as appropriate to facilitate open communication across the group.
The Sales Director responsibilities includes:
- Seeking out major clients and forming working relationships with key decision makers in the industry.
- Having direct connects with current customer decision makers to facilitate immediate revenues for the company
- Overseeing and managing the leads/ RFQs and converting them into POs with support from Delivery and Sales teams
- Overseeing preparation of business case approvals from Management with support from technical and sales team
- Leading designated customer accounts for sales generation
- Maximising company profits for direct accounts handled
- Supporting the development of sales strategies to keep the company competitive and innovative
- Knowledge and experience of the telecommunications market
- A key highflyer with demonstrable career performance
- Established relationships with key decision makers in customer organization
- Ability to understand and navigate the way through the UK telecommunications market
- Strong marketing skills
- Ability to spot opportunities and apply the most appropriate strategies to maximize conversion of opportunities into revenue realization
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people
- Young, dynamic and energetic persona
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to articulate and express clearly in conversations and interactions with others
- Proficiency in business cases writing skills and financial models
- Astute and able to operate at all levels
- Knowledge and experience of other markets
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships
Academic & Technical Background
- 10 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Appropriate Sales and Marketing qualification preferably an MBA
- Demonstrable success in similar roles
- Sound methodical skills with attention to detail
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure timely deliveries.
- Comfortable with working with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment of a global matrix organization with sensitivity and partnering
- High level of initiative, enthusiasm and persistence