Telecoms Riggers and Rigging Team Leaders Required
Location: Southwest Birmingham/Midlands/Kidderminster Region
Providing services to its customers in the UK for the past 5 years, our client has extensive expertise in delivering a wide range of services and solutions for both fixed and wireless network infrastructure. With a successful track record in some of the biggest Telecom’s projects in the country, they are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
Currently they are looking to recruit several Telecoms Riggers as well as Rigging Team Leaders for work in the Midlands area. Perm positions are available.
Telecoms Rigging Role Requirements
• Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing of deployed telecommunications equipment.
• Maintaining in-depth, current knowledge of equipment.
• Reporting of the full working process on field.
• Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock.
• Enhancing department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Takes material responsibility for the entrusted official material means – instruments, measuring instruments, materials, vehicles, and others.
• Carrying out installation activities on towers, roofs and hard-to-reach places observing all safety measures, using all necessary personal protective equipment and techniques for height work.
For the team leader positions, you will be expected to assist with all the above in addition to supervision of your team- as well as ensuring that all work is in accordance with H&S policies and procedures.
Skills – Experience:
• Experience in a Telecoms environment
• Clear driving license
• Quick and logical thinking
• Be confident in taking decisions
• Pay attention to detail
• Working at height experience, and a good understanding of rigging specifications and standards for the major networks.
• Experience of working as a 2nd Man/person in the installation of telecoms antennas, feeders, MHAs and associated steel work etc., cabling, labelling and cable terminations, rig and testing feeders, running feeders, DC and Fibre cable, terminating feeders, installing Tray work and general rigging duties
• Electrical and Commissioning experience would be an advantage although not essential.
• Must be prepared to work and stay away from home nationally as required.
Must have the necessary certifications, as follows:
• Advanced Climber
• Working at Heights
• Rescue from Towers, Masts & Structures
• Rooftop Awareness/Safety
• Radio Frequency (RF) Awareness
• Emergency first aid at height
• Winch Training
• Asbestos Awareness