Key Objectives/ Deliverables
Reporting to the project manager, the role holder will be technically competent in their area of BTS/RBS Commissioning and quality checks. This will include, but not limited to scripting, configuration, transmission, integration, data building, troubleshooting & maintenance, data quality checks on the company’s network (2G, 3G, 4G & 5G). May be requested to participate in weekend work or extended hours. The role holder will demonstrate professionalism and flexibility when contacting internal & external personnel.
- Responsible for working alone or in a small team.
- Using the correct procedures at all time.
- Knowledge on 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G RAN network for troubleshooting and field engineer assistance (Nokia and Ericsson vendors)
- Knowledge on SIU (Ericsson) and 7705 (Nokia) transmission for troubleshooting and Field engineer assistance.
- Troubleshooting & resolution tasks.
- Quality checks on submitted Handover Packs.
- Ericsson Based OSS RC. (AMOS, MO Shell, Element Manager RBS ERBS, BSIM, PCA, bulk Export/Imports).
- Ericsson ENM(CLI).
- Commissioning on Ericsson 2G/3G/4G/5G base station products (DUS 4G Baseband/ DUW 3G Baseband /DUG 2G Baseband / Baseband 5000 Series/ RBS Series 6000).
- Scripting and Databuild / Maintenance configuration and Troubleshooting
- IP Migrations related to RAN nodes, on Nokia and Ericsson.
- Understanding of IPV4 subnetting, routing and routed protocols.
- SIU Xml creation and understanding of the MO structure.
- 2G 3G, 4G & 5G architectures, end to end understanding of connectivity to OSS, SMRS, SecGW, RNC and BSC.
- Knowledgeable and highly experienced, proactive maintenance on multi-customer, multi-technology networks such as: Nokia, Ericsson, Telefonica, Vodafone.
- Carrying out transmission upgrades from ATM to IP.
- Node B upgrades adding additional E1’s, IMA upgrades and jumper new circuit orders throughout the transmission network.
- Commissioning on Nokia 2G/3G/4G & 5G base station products.
- Nokia 7705 configurations and understanding of SR OS
- Nokia 7705 L2 to L3 reconfiguration
- Configuration deployment using CM Editor & CM Operations Manager.
- DX200 and IPA2800 experience (MML).
- Nokia NetAct experience.
- 5+ years of Telecom integration and operation experience.
- 3+ years of LTE RAN Integration and technical support experience.
- Understanding of IP config used in the network.
- Thorough knowledge of Ericsson OSS environment & tools (ENM, AMOS, etc.) and eNodeB equipment configurations.
- Experience with creation of scripts for the integration of Ericsson eNodeB new sites, migrations, and carrier-adds.
- Experience performing integrations in O2/Telefonica and EE RAN Networks.
- Experience with scheduling and managing integration and troubleshooting activities.
- Experience with creation of methods of procedures for integration tools and integration activities.
- Ability to train and support uses of integration tools.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Be a team player. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Attention to detail and accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Ability to articulate and express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Ability to solve problems by using a logical and systematic approach.
- Ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge of technologies such as WiFi, Wireless/Cellular RAN architecture, RF theory.
- Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences and take appropriate action.
- Ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace.
Academic & Technical Background
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a comparable role.
- Telecoms based HNC type qualification.
- Degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in a comparable role.
- Fully conversant with analytics and new technologies, strong knowledge of industry trends knowledge including products and services on multivendor core business.
- Sound methodical skills with attention to detail and process requirements.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure timely deliveries.
- Comfortable with working with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment of a global matrix organization with sensitivity and partnering.
- High energy, initiative, enthusiasm and persistence. English mandatory.