Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: South East
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK. They possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Reporting to the Project Manager on site, the Project Surveyor is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site allocated to them and should be able to effectively manage an assistant surveyor to successfully deliver that project. On larger more intricate projects may be required to carry out the same tasks for a section or sections of the works reporting to a Senior or Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (Including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and Consultancy Agreements)
- To act professionally at all times and promote the company’s best standards and practices
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments
Skills and Experience
- Undertaking an accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
- Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- A degree in QS and relevant experience obtained
- Significant on-site experience of maintenance contracts
- Experience of onsite measures
- NEC form of contract and subcontract conditions
What we offer
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.