Working within the Commercial Department as QS you will provide cost management services associated with the installation of multiple Fixed/Fibre installations for a number of the main Fixed Network Operator rollout projects. Operating in support of the Project Manager you will be required to assess the Bill of Materials (BOM) to ensure that the Company is adhering to the client framework agreements, collate and issue tender documentation to suitable sub-contractors as required, negotiate and approve costs with sub-contractors and suppliers, issue purchase orders, agree variations with client and suppliers, update project management tools, assist with quantifiable reductions in costs and report cost saving trends to senior management. The QS will engage with our supplier base to develop productive relationships and channels of communication with both internal departments and external suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your role will include:
• To act as Cost Controller/QS on designated projects, working as a business partner to the delivery teams to provide sound commercial and financial advice.
• Supporting pro-active commercial management of projects during the post-contract stage, with a view to maximising profitability through commercially focused delivery, minimising occurrences of service-related penalties, and ensuring the company’s contractual obligations are delivered.
• Supporting management of cash flow, including via accurate cost monitoring, substantiated customer billing and assessment of subcontractor payments.
• Management of contract variations and ensuring these are recorded and agreed with customers in a timely manner.
• Supporting risk and opportunity management on designated projects, ensuring risk registers are in place with supporting risk mitigation strategies.
• Working with project teams to ensure compliance with contract obligations, payment milestone obligations, KPIs, etc and that the Company delivers accordingly.
• Supporting management of the supply chain to ensure best value, e.g., rates amendments and delivery performance.
• Supporting project final accounting.
• Supporting or leading regular customer reporting and contract meetings.
• Reporting of appropriate metrics (KPIs) to monitor ongoing performance as required.
• Supporting effective financial controls being in place for all projects, including weekly Status reports and other ad hoc analysis.
• Degree (ideally QS/Commercial related)
• Minimum 2 years previous experience working in a quantity surveying / commercial role.
• Knowledge of key telecoms subcontractors, suppliers, customers, and competitors (Desirable).
The individual will;
• Be proactive,
• Have good attention to detail
• Be able to manage their own time and work well within a team.
• Have effective communication and project management skills
• Have good grounding in all MS packages, ideally very proficient with excel,
• Comfortable and confident telephone manner
• Ability to manage external contacts, stakeholders, site providers and sub-contractors.
• Demonstrate an ability to prioritise and balance long term projects within a fast-paced environment
• Have a full driver’s licence