Role Title: Plant & Fleet Manager
Location: Longstanton, Cambridgeshire
Job Type: Full time, Perm
Hours: 40 hours /week
Our client is a leading provider of expertise to their clients to maintain and continue the development of the infrastructure of both highways and telecommunications sectors throughout the UK.
Due to continued growth and expansion, they are currently looking to recruit a Plant & Fleet Manager to join their established team in the Cambridgeshire area.
Reporting to Head of Procurement, the role will include:
- Goods Vehicle Operator Restricted Licence compliance
- Provision of best value for money, safe Plant & Fleet resources to meet the needs of the business
- Budgeted annual Plant & Fleet spend – £5m
- Team leadership, motivation and development
- Collaborative working with the rest of the Procurement Department and Operations
- Bring new improved ideas for the way manages its plant and fleet resources
- Responsible for and lead the Plant & Transport team in support of Group objectives, setting clear goals and targets, supported by timely training and development
- Use business data to ensure continuous review on spend, creating a plan and recommendations on existing and future supply of equipment, realising cost savings without compromising operational delivery
- Analysis of supplier performance against agreed service levels and contractual terms. Meet with key suppliers regularly to review performance against key SLAs, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Supplier negotiations to ensure best terms on contracts, payment terms, pricing and service
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure clarity of plant and transport needs, ensuring a team reputation for excellence and working together
- Liaise internally and externally to manage risk on supply contracts and agreements
- Develop, and ensure compliance with, all Plant and Fleet policies and procedures
- Optimise Plant and Fleet “hire versus buy” decisions, such that assets are supplied by the most cost-effective means, with reliable supply to Operations
- Ensure company vehicles remain in a safe, legal and roadworthy condition always, in compliance with Goods Vehicle Operator Restricted Licence regulations.
- Part of the team that drives the adoption of on-line plant and vehicle reporting to document equipment safety and condition and provides a mechanism for communicating damage to the Plant and Transport team.
- Ensure reported equipment damage is remedied promptly, and replacement equipment provided where necessary.
- Ensure your work and that of your team is undertaken safely and in compliance with policies and procedures
- Commercially astute and able to work with business complexity and conflicting demands
- Build and maintain effective and influential stakeholder relationships
- Strong negotiation skills coupled with a genuine hunger to get the best value for the group
- Analytical, with the ability to identify a logical plan of action prioritised by cost efficiencies
- Advocate of change, and able to establish and sustain momentum for change across group
- Confident in handling challenging situations
- Business and Commercial Awareness
- Change leadership, self-starter and driven
- Confident influencer
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Performance management, team development and leadership
- Champion company core values
- Track record of successful fleet and plant management
- Goods Vehicle Operator Licence qualified, either formally or through experience