Location: Scotland / Glasgow
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 plus car allowance
Job Type: Full Time/Perm (may consider contract)
Our client is a dynamic, delivery-focussed project management company providing end to end solutions for the UK’s mobile and fixed line network operators.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for an experienced Planning Team Lead or Senior Planner to join their team.
As a Team Lead/Senior Planner you will be expected to provide the technical leadership for a team of surveyors and network planners throughout the entire lifecycle of a project including the surveying, planning and build phases, supporting and mentoring junior members of the planning team as well as providing support to the wayleaves and build teams in ensuring the FTTP design meets with their expectations to enable their department goals to be achieved.
You will be a key point of contact internally and client facing at project level for all network technical and design elements and architecture of the project ideally having in depth knowledge and experience of FTTP network design roll out. You will be jointly responsible for the overall quality standard of the entire planning deliverable and ensuring the client expectations are met at a technical level.
Survey, Planning and Design Delivery
- Understand, implement and deliver FTTP network, MDU, PIA or other projects survey & design deliverables based on technical specifications provided by the client.
- Ensure 100% quality standards are achieved and maintained throughout the entire survey & design process.
- Provide leadership and regular feedback to a team of surveyors, planners and junior planners enabling them to achieve their deliverables.
- Constantly investigate alternative solutions to improve the efficiency of the deliverable or delivery process through survey & design of the FTTP solution.
- Be a primary point of contact for all technical matters in support of the FTTP survey & design requirements specified by the client.
- Maintain regular performance review of the FTTP survey & design process for the client internally and with client representatives.
- Ideally knowledgeable in the use of GIS platforms for network design requirements.
Accurate & Effective Project Governance:
- Support the Delivery Managers and Project Manager to ensure Survey & Design deliverables are provided with a focus on schedule and quality.
- Ensure that all Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) considerations are applied to the entire FTTP Survey & Design process
- Work with key stakeholders in the delivery of project to performance targets and deadlines.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Provide timely performance reporting including KPI performance and target schedule achievement.
- Collate information on delivery to report to Senior Planner or Project Manager.
- Set and maintain the quality parameters for all FTTP survey & design activities for the client.
- Gain, review and maintain an understanding of commercial viability of FTTP MDU or network solutions and their impact on the project delivery
- Support the Delivery Managers, Senior Planner and Project Manager to allow for timely invoicing.
- Manage and control project quality exceptions.
- Ensure all designs consider the environmental impact of the solution and that all efforts are made to minimise it.
- Ensure that designs consider the health & wellbeing of those who will be involved in its implementation, operation and maintenance as well as members of the public and that all efforts are made to minimise risk.
- In depth knowledge of survey & design elements of FTTP networks essential.
- Strong communication skills providing continuous reporting through the life cycle of multiple sites essential.
- Multi GIS platform user desirable.
- Openreach accreditations NRSWA, SA001, SA002 and others preferable.
- Previous experience in a similar role in the telecommunications industry essential.
- Experience in a Team Leadership position essential.
- Ability to explain infrastructure components, installation, and maintenance methodology essential.
- Able to identify potential risks and issues related to rollout and escalate or proactively manage where necessary essential.
- Excellent I.T. and database skills essential.
- Problem solver/solution finder to specific and generic issues on project rollout essential.
Key Performance Drivers:
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet key deadlines in a pressurised, target driven environment, whilst maintaining a customer focused ethos
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team of professionals and with internal and external teams, partners and suppliers to achieve programme targets.
- Initiates and communicates change to drive deliverable improvement.
- Puts Customers first. Good communication (both written & verbal). Listens to and understands customer’s needs.
- Sets challenging professional and personal goals and strives for continuous improvement.