Our client is seeking a Permit Officer to plan, manage and co-ordinate notifications to work, ensuring minimal disruption to clients’ networks in accordance with relevant permit schemes, NRSWA and TMA (and in particular to prevent risk to the client with regard to all fines, such as FPNS, S74s etc.).
To produce and issue all required reports for relevant clients.
To attend relevant permitting, planning and client meetings as required.
The Permit Officer may also carry out other duties within the Planning Team as required.
Tasks/Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Plan permits of works in accordance with relevant permit schemes, NRSWA and TMA.
- Co-ordinate works to ensure that works do not clash with those of others and cause congestion on the network.
- Ensure all Permits are dealt with in the required time frames as laid down by relevant legislation.
- Prevent risk to with regard to all fines, such as FPNS, S74s, lane rental etc
- Produce regular reports of notifications at their various stages
- Effectively use all other websites/databases/procedures relating to co-ordination and planning of works
- Seek actively innovations and service improvements.
- Ability to work to targets set (such as KPIs) and be fully responsible for the performance relating to these. Able to produce data/reports in relation to these targets.
- Enter/update/maintain all information within database(s)
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholder
- Liaise with supply chain partners
- Perform other duties within the Planning Team as required
- Knowledge of NRSWA and TMA legislation.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant permitting schemes
- Used to working independently with minimum supervision whilst also being an extremely effective team player
- Experience in EXOR, Symology, Confirm or similar noticing systems
- Knowledge of the construction/highways industry at any level would be beneficial.
- Some prior experience of works planning
- Good computer skills
- Flexible and positive approach to working
- Excellent planning, organisational and time allocation skills
- Report writing skills.
- Detailed, methodical and accurate
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to strict deadlines