Job Title: On the Day Delivery Manager- Wireless
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Providing services to its customers in the UK for the past 5 years, our client has extensive expertise in delivering a wide range of services and solutions for both fixed and wireless network infrastructure. With a successful track record in some of the biggest Telecom’s projects in the country, they are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
The “On The Day” Delivery Manager is the first point of contact for all work occurring on site to ensure work progresses in an efficient and safe manner.
- Act as the first point of contact for any issues occurring on site as the “On The Day” Delivery Manager (Wireless)
- Troubleshoot and manage issues that arise and if required escalate either internally or to the customer for resolution.
- Respond promptly to calls, emails and instant messaging to manage the field teams
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely reports to internal and external customers throughout the day on progress, issues and remediation plans
- Actively manage expedited Variation Request (VR) as needed to keep build on track and cost under control
- Using your knowledge and experience of both civils and active build phases, be able to propose intelligent solutions to issues as they occur on site.
- Possess a good understanding of the Health & Safety requirements for the different site types and apply that knowledge in your work to ensure safe working
- Feedback to the wider project team and PMO on successes and failures, with the lessons learned and recommendations for future improvement
- Ensuring that on site personnel complete the agreed SOW to the appropriate standard and evidence before leaving site
- Understand and adhere to escalation processes.
- Remains calm under pressure with competing priorities
- Able to manage several sites being built at the same time
- Understanding of Programme of Works and Design documents
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of site build, specifically, civils, rigging and integration tasks
- Knowledge and understanding of both active and passive equipment.
- Good understanding of traffic, people, and machinery management requirements during the build
- Communicate professionally and effectively to different types of personnel involved in a site build
- Working with both suppliers and contractors in the field, being able to constructively challenge their recommendations or deliverables as needed
- Good experience and knowledge of CDM (Construction Design Management) and relevant health and safety legislation
- Reporting into project manager
- Working with project co-ordinators and administrators
- Ensuring smooth and profitable delivery of assigned sites