Job Title: National Stores Manager
Location: National – At least 1 day per week in Longstanton but will also be required to attend sites in Brentwood and Warrington
Salary: £ 39,000-£50,000 plus company van
Job Type: Full Time. Perm (40 hours per week)
Our client is a leading provider of expertise to their clients to maintain and continue the development of the infrastructure of both highways and telecommunications sectors throughout the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Stores Manager will be responsible for the security, control and recording of materials across 3 stores locations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental aspects of 3 stores locations as well as leading, developing and motivating 9 Stores Staff Members across the 3 locations.
- Develop and maintain cost effective and ISO compliant processes for the accurate recording of materials movements and quantities. Ensure staff understand these processes and use them effectively
- Develop and maintain cost effective stores and yard storage solutions that comply with relevant legislation, ISO standards and manufacturers recommendations. Ensure staff understand these and use them effectively
- Develop and maintain cost effective waste handling and storage solutions that comply with relevant legislation, including Waste Transfer site at Longstanton and ISO standards. Ensure staff understand these and use them effectively
- Liaise with Operations teams to ensure that all stores locations provide a good level of service to Operations
- Work with the Transport team to provide support in the stores locations for their objectives to provide Operations with a cost effective and reliable supply of vehicles and equipment
- Respond in a timely and accurate fashion to requests for ad hoc stock information
- In association with the HSEQ team, develop and maintain cost effective ISO compliant Health Safety and Environmental policies and procedures for the stores locations. Ensure staff understand these and use them effectively
- Lead, motivate and develop stores staff across all stores location to ensure they provide a high level of service to Operations and Suppliers. Conduct recruitment as required.
- Maintain regular contact with Operations so that you are aware of future plans. Anticipate changes in stores requirements, and plan accordingly.
- Confident in staff motivation and development
- Experienced in performance Management
- Environment and Health & Safety champion
- Good at building relationships with stake holders – Operations, HSEQ, Stores staff, Suppliers, Delivery companies
- Good at developing and rolling out effective procedures for stores staff
- Skilled in the use of stock control software
- Confident manipulating data efficiently in Excel
- Knowledge of Civils and Utilities stores – ideally fibre optic networks
- Prepared to work occasional Saturdays and at other stock locations
- Happy to work outside, occasionally in bad weather
- Telehandler and forklift operator certificates desirable. Training will be given where necessary
- Full UK B driver’s licence
- CIWM (WAMITAB) qualified – training can be provided
- Knowledge of ISO 45001, 9001, 14001