Role: Junior Fibre Planner
Location: Cambridge/ Warrington
To produce designs for FTTP of sites using client supplied instruction and survey information for the extension of existing Fixed Line network to residential or business sites for major clients. To develop and provide planning of the route including cabling and civils requirements, also using PIA (Passive Infrastructure Access). Completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, client technical specification, commitments and goals working to KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and quality targets provided by your Senior Planner. This work will include site surveys in order to understand the industry and the challenges faced by installation and build crews who will be working to your designs.
You will be expected to gain promotion within your first year of employment to Planner which has a commensurate pay rise associated to it. This can only be achieved by applying yourself to the role, working well with your colleagues, achieving the targets agreed with you when you join the company, hitting all KPI’s set for you and understanding the industry.
Reporting to a Planning Team Lead, your duties will include:
• Create and deliver project designs and revise them as appropriate to meet technical needs and client requirements whilst trying to maintain aesthetics.
• Possible occasional travel to customer locations to accompany cable and civils route surveyors.
• Maintain excellent communication with project coordinators and Senior Planner
• Create and develop design packs to support survey details.
• Develop and maintain excellent internal relationships.
• Develop an understanding of commercial viability of solutions
• Understand and mitigate against risks, deployment issues and escalations through the survey & design life cycle
Accurate & Effective Project Governance:
• Ensure project deliverables (the design) is managed and delivered in conjunction with strategic partners focusing on Health & Safety, time, cost and quality.
• Work with Senior Planners, and Project Coordinators in the delivery of project to performance targets and deadlines
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly reporting including KPI performance and quality achievement
• Collate information on delivery to report to Project Coordinators and Senior Planner
• Learn and apply a cost-effective solution for the project.
• Gain an understanding of commercial viability of solutions
• Valid permit to work in the UK
• Experience using GIS or similar planning software, for example: ArcGIS, QGIS and/or AutoCAD.
• A desire to learn
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong time management and organisational skills.
• Excellent data management and IT skills with experience using Microsoft Excel.
• Willingness to learn.
• Able to identify potential risks to health & safety and cost and escalates or proactively manages where necessary
• Problem solver/solution finder to specific and generic issues.
• Willingness to learn.
• Attention to detail in all planning work.
• Strong team work skills with regular positive contributions and interactions with the team.
• Positive can-do attitude and willingness to support teammates.
• Previous experience in a similar role in the Telecommunications industry.
• Reasonable technical knowledge of Telecommunications networks.
• Degree in Geography, Physical Geography or other Earth Science subject.
• Experience working in the field, data collection/ surveying.