Our client is a leading provider of expertise to their clients to maintain and continue the development of the infrastructure of both highways and telecommunications sectors throughout the UK.
Due to continued growth and expansion, they are currently looking to recruit an IT Developer to join their established team in the Cambridgeshire area.
- Operate within change management controls ensuring development of the system is fully documented, tested and formally transferred into the ‘live’ environment enabling effective support by the IT support team
- Participate in project groups where IT development is being considered offering guidance on the most effective way to proceed through clearly identifying and documenting the system requirements being considered
- Develop and maintain customer solutions to meet specified requirements ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify and present ongoing enhancements to the existing IT architecture and infrastructure to optimise the Group’s operational delivery being clear on the return on investment (ROI) of IT development being proposed
- Ensure medium and short-term development plans are developed in partnership with the business prioritising development activity to achieve the maximum gain with the time, resource and expenditure available
- Solid technical background with extensive exposure and experience of SQL, C#, Xamarin and app development/deployment for android. With the ability to take on new technologies.
- Using Visual Studio with Team Foundation Server for Source Control.
- Good commercial awareness and excellent business partnering skills in order to identify the IT development plan that most appropriately supports the delivery of business objectives
- Extensive knowledge of network infrastructures, application architectures, web technologies and security infrastructures and architectures
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude. Ability to excel under pressure and adopt effective problem-solving skills to create innovative solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues in a simple fashion
- Solution driven with a focus on providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to provide and adhere to project governance and processes
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment where accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Able to manage own workload dealing with conflicting priorities effectively to meet deadlines
- Able to receive constructive feedback, maintain respect and mutually agree any action required for you to take in response
- Proactive approach to resolving problems taking an objective approach to understanding lessons that can be learnt when things don’t go to plan
- Experience of creating and maintaining technical documentation, release management scripts and software testing
- Business & Commercial Awareness
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Initiation & Drive
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Team player
- Planning & Organising
- Previous experience within IT development is essential.
- Relevant Degree at 2:2 or above preferred.
- ITIL experience/qualification preferred