Providing services to its customers in the UK for the past 5 years, our client has extensive expertise in delivering a wide range of services and solutions for both fixed and wireless network infrastructure. With a successful track record in some of the biggest Telecom’s projects in the country, they are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
Due to this growth, they are currently looking to recruit a Head of SHEQ Department to join their established team in Reading.
The Head of SHEQ Department who will be responsible for the company’s Health and Safety(H&S), Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and lead the department responsible for steering and advising the business in H&S, ISO Compliance, along with providing reporting to meet with the company Wireless and Fibre projects. The Head of SHEQ Department will lead the Health & Safety and Quality teams to ensure that all company products and services meet the required best practice standards.
The primary responsibilities include understanding customer expectations and needs, outlining standards and developing control processes. The Head of SHEQ Department will monitor and observe the operations deployment to ensure that specifications are being met in line with legislation and the clients standards.
- Promote a positive culture and raise health & safety awareness across the organisation
- Manage the continuous improvement of the company management systems to ensure that the delivery of products and services meet contractual and legal compliance.
- Manage customer expectations and project governance and promote industry best practice
- Support Senior Leadership Team in delivering company SHEQ objectives
- Develop and maintain company SHEQ management process and procedures
- Acts as a SHEQ representative on client and internal briefings and drive internal initiatives.
- Write and update the company H&S and Quality policies and documentation including but not limited to H&S and Quality Plan for the business and each of the individual projects
- Ensure the company/project SHEQ related SLA’s and KPI’s are being adhered to
- Support the pre-qualification and on-boarding of sub-contractors
- Monitor third party contractors working on all operational customer sites and ensure associated procedures are being followed
- Manage incident/accident investigations and determine root cause and determine areas of improvement
- Liaises with Project Managers/Supervisors and engineers when reporting issues and identify areas of improvement
- Chair departmental forums and workshops, engage and share knowledge across departments
- Report to the Senior Leadership Team on the Health and Safety & Quality performance across the business and the key accounts
- Conduct tasks allocated by Line Manager to ensure both internal and contractual requirements are fulfilled
- Manage the team performance and the individual coaching and development of the team
- Ability to lead the team
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Good organisation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Working within a team and as standalone
- Experienced in a Telecoms environment
– Streetworks, Rooftop, Greenfields etc…
- Clean driving license
- CDM experience and knowledge
- Experienced leader of the SHEQ Department
- Knowledge of H&S and Quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools.
- Experience in the ISO 45001 (previously OHSAS 18001) ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 will be of an advantage.
- Proven Management experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management.
- Proven Quality Management/Assurance experience
- Either hold or be close to obtaining Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- NEBOSH National Diploma (or equivalent)
- ISO Auditor
- Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate
- Environmental Management Systems Qualification
- Flexible working where possible
- Full Training Program to support personal growth
- On site car parking
- Excellent Salary + Bonus
- Up to 31 days holiday (11 to be used over the Christmas period and includes bank holidays)
- Hotel + Up to £25/night for overnight business trip food allowance
- Access to Pool vehicle for business trips or Expense Mileage
- Death in service 4 x Annual salary
- Benefit hub and Cash Plan scheme
- Pension plan