Job Title: Area Build Manager
Location: North Region- Manchester and Cumbria
Salary: £42,000- £45,000 plus car allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Our forward thinking Telecoms client are using technology to build fast networks in rural communities. Using innovative ideas they are enabling remote areas to received ultrafast fibre direct to house and businesses.
Due to a period of growth and expansion they are now looking to recruit Area Build Managers for both the North and South regions. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, the Area Build Manager will be responsible for a variety of tasks to support the Delivery Manager in the deployment of a quality FTTP network.
The Area Build Manager will be responsible for ensuring appropriate actions are taken with contractors, ensuring compliance across the board to NRSWA, the SROH, NJUG guidelines and HAUC spec. The Area Build Manager will be the single point of contact on quality and build related issues and will take full ownership throughout the build with the support of the Delivery Manager.
- Monitoring supplier partner coring programme
- Stakeholder management and engagement with the Highways Authority
- Good communication skills and ability to build rapport with multiple stakeholders is essential.
- Customer facing with regular interactions with members of the public through to management of any customer complaints on the ground.
- Responsibility for assurance across quality and Health & Safety standards to ensure they are being applied by the contractor
- Quality compliance throughout the delivery process, ensuring quality is in place and maintained during delivery.
- Regular inspections of the contractor’s quality assurance processes
- Ensuring site supervisor to gang ratio is correct.
- Ensuring adequate sample inspections for submitted and agreed milestones are taken across the build to ensure build measurements correlate to invoice submissions as required by Delivery Manager
- Produce and manager snagging lists through to completion
- Good understanding of fibre-based telecommunications- FTTH, FTTx
- Background in (or working knowledge of) Civils digs including the management of noticing, trenching and reinstatement works
- Experienced in working with local council authorities
- Experienced in Delivery Management
- Experience in delivering to pre-defined project schedules
- Experienced in subcontractor management in the field (both Civils and Fibre)
- Good understanding of wayleaves
- Good understanding of both PIA and Joint Use processes
- Confident and experienced in measuring build progress
- Problem solver
- Experienced in Civils supervisor and auditing
- NRSWA accreditation (all modules)
- PIA Accreditation (SA01/SA02)
- Awareness of Traffic Management and Construction Design Management