Fixed Line Junior Planner
Our client is a dynamic, delivery-focussed project management company providing end to end solutions for the UK’s mobile and fixed line network operators.
To produce designs for FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) of sites using client supplied instruction and survey information for the extension of existing Fixed Line network to residential or business sites for clients including Openreach, Virgin Media, CityFibre and others. To develop and provide planning of the route including cabling and civils requirements, possibly using PIA (Passive Infrastructure Access) as a solution. Completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, client technical specification, commitments and goals working to KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and quality targets provided by your Senior Planner. This work will include site surveys in order to understand the industry and the challenges faced by installation and build crews who will be working to your designs.
You will be expected to gain promotion within your first year of employment to Planner which has a commensurate pay rise associated to it. This can only be achieved by applying yourself to the role, working well with your colleagues, achieving the targets agreed with you when you join the company, hitting all KPI’s set for you and understanding the industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Create and deliver project designs and revise them as appropriate to meet technical needs and client requirements whilst trying to maintain aesthetics .
- Possible occasional travel to customer locations to accompany cable and civils route surveyors.
- Maintain excellent communication with project coordinators and Senior Planner
- Create and develop design packs to support survey details.
- Develop and maintain excellent internal relationships.
- Develop an understanding of commercial viability of solutions
- Understand and mitigate against risks, deployment issues and escalations through the survey & design life cycle
Accurate & Effective Project Governance:
- Ensure project deliverables (the design) is managed and delivered in conjunction with strategic partners focusing on Health & Safety, time, cost and quality.
- Work with Senior Planners, and Project Coordinators in the delivery of project to performance targets and deadlines
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reporting including KPI performance and quality achievement
- Collate information on delivery to report to Project Coordinators and Senior Planner
- Learn and apply a cost-effective solution for the project.
- Gain an understanding of commercial viability of solutions
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Able to identify potential risks to health & safety and cost and escalates or proactively manages where necessary
- Excellent I.T. and database skills.
- Problem solver/solution finder to specific and generic issues.
- Works well within a team and contributes with regular team interaction.
- Previous experience in a similar role in the Telecommunications industry.
- Reasonable technical knowledge of Telecommunications networks.
KEY PERFORMANCE DRIVERS
- Always thinking ‘SAFETY’ in your day-to-day work and with the approach to your design.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet key deadlines in a pressurised, target driven environment, whilst maintaining a customer focused ethos
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team of professionals and with internal and external teams, partners and suppliers to achieve programme targets
- To develop, Initiate and process change to drive business improvement.
- Puts Customers first
- Good communication (both written verbal). Listens to and understands customer’s needs.
- Sets challenging and personal goals and strives for continuous improvement.