Job Title: Delivery Manager- Fixed Networks
Salary: £45-54k per annum
Job Type: Full time, perm (Mon- Fri 40 hours per week)
Providing services to its customers in the UK for the past 5 years, our client has extensive expertise in delivering a wide range of services and solutions for both fixed and wireless network infrastructure. With a successful track record in some of the biggest Telecoms projects in the country, they are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
They are looking for a Delivery Manager to join the experienced team located in Southend-On-Sea. Reporting to the Build Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery of the civil infrastructure for a FTTP network deployment project within Southend-On-Sea.
The FTTH Delivery Manager will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
- Working with the build manager to complete Network build & Installations to specific deadlines
- To perform pre-build planning walkouts of designs received from the customer
- To determine, plan and allocate resources to ensure that activities are completed efficiently within predetermined timescales
- Drive the weekly program and support to continually improve supervisor’s performance.
- Ensure and monitor effective site operations, so that it complies to New Roads and Street Works Act and Health & Safety requirements
- Ensure all work on-site is carried out to adequate standards, as stated in the contractual specification
- Be responsible for your own safety and aware of the safety of your colleagues/team members and of the general public by fully complying with all procedures of the Health and Safety Handbook
- Responsible for ‘on the day’ delivery of all works in a Safe, Quality and On Time manner and build effective relationships with the Client and the Local Authority
- Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off the completed works by the subcontractor to the internal team
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones.
- Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Build Manager.
- Possess the ability to read and understand drawings, design schematics and duct diagrams, follow instruction given and provide guidance for allocated team of supervisors.
- Monitor the progress of projects in relation to required milestones or completion dates, giving progress updates daily or as and when required
- Provide a structured and consistent approach in managing of all field operatives across civils activities
- Ensure key objectives and goals are in place with the Supervisors in line with the business strategy.
- Have an awareness of financial impact relating to performance and compliance to specifications and key milestones
- Manage LA/HA stakeholders and attend relevant streetworks meetings as required
The Delivery Manager will need to have extensive experience with Fibre Network Builds (FTTP/FTTH) and are expected to lead a team of civils supervisors ensuring as per specifications while adhering to best industry practices.
To do this as a professional, you should match with following requirements:
- Good understanding of Fibre Network Delivery within FTTP across all skillsets (civils & cabling)
- Very good knowledge of NRSWA, SROH and HAUC
- Proven Track Record within a delivery or build role within telecoms
- Ability to understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness
- NRSWA Street Works supervisor certification all units
- Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Full Driving Licence
- Competent IT skills including knowledge and experience of a broad range of applications and packages