Job Title: Fibre Surveyor
Location: West Midlands, East Midlands, Anglia, South West, South East
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Our client are a dynamic, delivery-focussed project management company providing end to end solutions for the UK’s mobile and fixed line network operators.
Due to their continued growth and expansion, they are currently looking for Fibre Surveyors to join their team. As a Fibre Surveyor you will be surveying and planning fibre routes both overhead and underground. Also, you will be required to hand rod and rope in the network to provide a clear route for the fibre to the next work point, as well as comply with various legislations (you may also need to CAT scan for existing services).
Reporting to a Surveyor or Project Manager, your duties will include:
– Attending a variety of sites daily.
– Carrying out area surveys to establish any obstructions
– Assessing the best installation route for fibre optic network ducts and cables
– Completing survey documentation via various software’s and reports
– Hand rodding in the network to test for any blockages.
– Liaising with the public and other third parties
– Ensuring Health and Safety requirements are always met and completing site specific risk assessments.
You will be expected to:
– Have some knowledge of the BT Openreach network or other major network operators
– Ability to understand design or utility network plans
– Self-starter who has the ability to influence change positively
– Be flexible and prepared to assist across the business as required
– Have a sound understanding using different devices and apps.
– Good eye for detail
– Strong communication skills
Qualifications & Training:
– Knowledge within the telecoms field and/or previous experience within Telecoms
– NRSWA Unit 2 – Signing, Lighting & Guarding (Streetworks)
– SA001 Overhead Safety
– SA002 Underground Safety
– S5 PIA Pole Surveying
– S6 PIA Duct Surveying
– K8 – Hand Rodding in the Network
Training will be given if needed.