Location: Lewisham/Surrounding Areas
Type: Full Time/Perm or Contract
Perm- Salary £33k plus subsistence, van , fuel, equipment, training, food and accommodation
Contract- Day Rate £200-£250 per day (All in- you will need to provide own van, phone and 4G Ipad)
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3-6m rolling contract for contractor and 2 year fixed term with 6 month probation for perm
Established for over 20 years, our client continues to be a vital network and infrastructure partners to both fixed and mobile carriers across the enterprise sector. Through continued growth and progression they have expanded globally.
They are urgently recruiting several Fibre Surveyors for work in London (Lewisham/Surrounding areas). As a Fibre Surveyor, you are part of a survey team working collectively and collaboratively to achieve the goals of the project under the guidance from the Survey Supervisor. This will predominantly be a site-based position- nationwide (UK) but tends to be regional depending on timing of work allocations and customer priorities. Overnight stays and travel to and from site is an integral part of the job.
• Survey several sites in a day.
• Draw up detailed plans, for use as legal documentations to be shared with landlords
• Ensure routes are compliant with health and safety laws
• Advise on risk assessments and method Statements
• Carry out surveys for minor civils works
• Assess permit needs for street works
• Meet with clients or representatives, resolve questions about the installation process.
• Work with other areas of Field Engineering to achieve desired result
• Decide the correct equipment required for the installation process.
Skills, experience and qualifications (essential)
• Working on FTTP projects, understanding of FTTP build activities
• Detailing cable routes
• Multi-tasking, problem-solving, planning, organising and prioritising
• Producing clear written formal documentation
• PON/PIA and active ethernet technologies
• Fibre types and Experience
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
• Able to read construction blueprints.
• Understands routing of fibre mapping from a PON/PIA and a point to point network
• Lone worker experience
• Flat roof skilled
• NRSWA unit 2 or greater
• Telecoms civils work