Job Title: Fibre Surveyor
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Established for over 20 years, our client continues to be a vital network and infrastructure partners to both fixed and mobile carriers across the enterprise sector. Through continued growth and progression they have expanded globally.
A predominantly site-based role, as a Fibre Surveyor, you will be working collectively and collaboratively to achieve the project goals, under the guidance of the Survey Supervisor.
The Fibre Surveyors role includes the following:
- Adhere to Client specific procedures and specification.
- Carry out dynamic risk assessments on site prior to work commencing and report any visible hazards or defects from site by way of a “red flag” early warning system.
- Implement control measures as required to enable the survey to be completed in a safe manner
- Validate the project designs and note any issues or special engineering difficulties (SEDs)
- Accurately record all existing site information and propose the most practical & cost-effective solution based on client specification and any known constraints
- Act responsibly when attending any survey and protect the interests of both the Company and the Customer always
- Be professional, safety conscious and conscientious always both on and off site
- Liaise with all those involved on site at survey including local authority representatives, landowners, council officials and any other 3rd party
- Familiarise with data collection devices and methods using iPads or similar PDAs
- Liaise with and update the Survey Supervisors and design team
- Mentor junior surveyors and new starters within project teams
- Assist with resolving any queries to enable design to progress as quickly as possible
- Comply with company policies/procedures without exception
- Adhere to mandatory Health & Safety legislation without exception
Fibre Surveyor Requirements
- Underground and overhead experience of Utility networks
- Underground; jointing, rodding/roping experience useful but not essential
- Overhead: experience of poling, providing connections to customers houses as well as maintaining and surveying existing poles and connections useful but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of trenching, ducting, cabling, poling, earthing etc.
- PC Literate (proficient in MS Office) with good reporting and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a structured format
- Strong interpersonal skills in both oral and written communication
- 3 years + in a similar work environment role during FTTx network rollouts
- CSCS (CSR)
- NRSWA (SWQR) – Unit 1 (essential) Unit 2 (preferable)
- A8 & A9 BTOR accredited / SA001 & SA002 accredited (in date)
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- Full clean driving licence
Predominantly site based – nationwide (UK) but tends to be regional depending on timing of work allocations and customer priorities. Overnight stays and travel to and from site is an integral part of the job.