Fibre Network Planner
Location: Various cities throughout the UK- Preston, Eastbourne, Wakefield, Lincoln, Brighton, Chichester, Aberdeen
Salary: Up to £39,000pa plus Car Allowance, Bonus Scheme, 26 Days Holidays Allowance, Health Insurance
Our well-established client are currently assisting towards a full fibre future in the UK.
They are connecting communities and helping to boost the economy with their widespread development of the UK’s digital infrastructure.
Once the fibre network is initially designed, it needs to be taken out into the field to ensure that it will be fast and functional. They are looking for a creative and experienced Fibre Network Planner that can interpret blueprints on-site, answer queries from Contractors and authorities which will help with the Build. The successful candidate will assume accountability for the project managements, collaborating with in house Designers to deliver the best broadband possible.
This duties for this role will include (but not limited to):
- Be responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
- Manage and advise on capacity within the Fibre in the Home City
- Help to develop, implement, and champion network elements
- Improve network capacity monitoring and operational excellence
- Forecast Capital Expenses and Operating Expenses for designed infrastructure projects
- A planning expert for civil routes and fibre
- Good understanding of Fibre in the Home designs
- Solution orientated
- Experienced in manipulating data and metadata underpinning a fibre design
- Knowledge of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
- Ability to produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation, and as-built documentation
- Understanding of long-distance fibre networks, Comsof FibrePlanIT and GE Smallworld software
- Full Driving License
- NRSWA Accreditation to Supervisor level would be desirable