Fibre Delivery Manager
Location: Swindon/Slough/Bracknell/ Maidenhead/Ipswich – as central as possible
Salary: £60-£70k + package
Our client operates across London and the South of England to deliver highways services and solutions. They are currently looking for a Fibre Delivery Manager to join their established team in the above locations.
To come up with commercially viable business case for direct labour workforce and deploy direct labour fibre team across fibre projects. This to be achieved in close collaboration with the Procurement team.
Responsible for recruiting, Managing and co-ordinating directly employed teams.
Accountable for the performance and HSEQ of the direct labour fibre workforce and provision of top-quality service to regional teams.
To ensure that operational and financial targets and deadlines are met and that the general works and the scheme works are implemented in accordance with the contract requirements. This to be achieved in close collaboration with Build Managers and the Managing QS.
To complete special projects and assignments issued by Operations Director as required.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter, with experience of setting up a direct labour force inclusive or ordering plant, tools and equipment. Candidate would potentially be someone who has previously set up a small fibre business in the past. They will have hands on experience with all tools required (splicing machines etc) and will be able to advise on best practice.
- Recruit, train and deploy field operations staff
- Prescribe transport, tools and equipment required for internal fibre operations
- Work with the procurement team to purchase or hire the most suitable vehicles, plant and materials so that the works progress effectively and economically
- Set internal processes to achieve ultimate efficiency in fibre delivery
- Outperform all existing subcontractors commercially and on HSEQ side
- To ensure all regional needs are met in all aspects of fibre delivery
- Responsible for implementation and management of sound and operational practices
- Responsible for works associated with compliance to company obligations relating to Health & Safety and Environment, Quality Assurance and IIP (Investors in people)
- Understand and be able to meet deadlines for submission of reports required in the Construction Phase Plan
- Responsible for development of all field operational staff
- Liaising with senior management on contracts and ensuring their satisfaction
- Assist with development and growth of contracts
- To ensure safe working practices, as outlined in Specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments are adhered to both personally and by others
- To assist emergency situations as required by the company / contract procedures and obligations
- To ensure compliance with VHL Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for the safe running of (allocated) sites and monitor the implementation and control of safe working procedures.
- Ensure that the regional teams are up to date with fibre delivery programme at all times
- Ensure that all the relevant EWNs and CEs are captured appropriately and passed over to the regional teams
- Use every opportunity to increase the regional revenue/margin.
- Follow the process built into the high level programme to ensure that work package handover dates are achieved
- Issue weekly updates to regional teams via reports as per their contractual requirements
- Ensure that field works are recorded through the client’s monitoring software and complete regular weekly checks of the data being populated
- Hold weekly meeting to make sure staff is up to date with inductions and training
- Complete regular field inspections, WIS forms and HSE-07 on own staff
- Complete a joint snagging walkout programme to run in line with contract completion dates set-in high-level programme. (Power BI)
- Work with central compliance team, ensuring that all field staff is compliant with the training requirement i.e. training is ether already completed or booked for a future date in line with the clients and internal training matrices
- Work with HSEQ to reduce incidents. Ensure that investigations are carried out in time specified.
- Minimising costs of works through correct programming and utilisation of labour, plant and materials
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the contract plan, client’s specifications and procedures, with risk assessments and method statements
- Checking drawings, site instructions works orders and contract documents and reporting any anomalies or lack of information to the regional teams
- Monitor the standard of work of all employees
- Taking-off materials for procurement in accordance with the Contract Programme. (Extract information from BoM’s)
- Ensure that all registers for scaffolds, excavations, ladders, plant, lifting tackle and the operator’s licence are correctly kept
- Ensure that depots/sites are maintained to standards in accordance with Waste Management Licences, Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Regulations and Leases arrangements
- Ensure that all staff and the labour force are fully productive
- Ensure that all staff and the labour force are treated fairly and kept motivated
- Have a good working knowledge of the Construction Phase Plan, Site Management Plan and the company’s procedures
- Through liaison with the Support staff from head office