Job Title: Design Manager
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £45- £60k depending on experience + Excellent Benefits
Reporting to: SED Manager
Liaising with: SED team and Operations team
Direct Reports: Yes
Department: SED (scoping/estimating/design)
Location: West Sussex
- 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably clean water based
- BTEC HNC/HND in an engineering field as a minimum
- EUSR water hygiene card
- Competent in using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Full UK driving license
- Ability to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Ability be an active and participating team member, able to transfer skills to others in order to achieve business objectives
- Ability to troubleshoot and strategize in order to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- Problem solver and target driven individual.
- Ability to deliver required results while working in a high pressure environment.
- Sound communication and organisation skills as well as an attention to detail
Managing, co-ordinating, initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & control of all aspects of primarily clean water design projects but wastewater where required.
- Taking the lead responsibility for MEICA & Civil design projects throughout the outline design, detailed design and construction support stages
- Directly manage a team of multidisciplinary design engineers to produce design outputs compliant with clients specifications and standards.
- Managing specialist external design resources where required
- Preparation and agreement of fee proposals, programmes and general management of resources
- Carrying out site scoping/survey visits as required to obtain information necessary for design development
- Ensuring that all design is developed, produced and approved in line with companies QA procedures
- Reviewing, auditing and approving all technical reports, appraisals, designs and drawings
- Arranging and chairing workshops and regular design meetings to review design proposals and progress
- Assisting with placement and management of procurement packages
- Presenting technical data or project results
- Maintaining design input throughout the project lifecycle
- To carry out any other duties appropriate to this post
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Health care cover for employee only
- Access to EAP
- Access to Medicash
- Continuous development opportunities