Job Title: Delivery Manager- Fixed Networks
Salary: £45-50k per annum
Job Type: Full time, perm (Mon- Fri 40 hours per week)
Providing services to its customers in the UK for the past 5 years, our client has extensive expertise in delivering a wide range of services and solutions for both fixed and wireless network infrastructure. With a successful track record in some of the biggest Telecoms projects in the country, they are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
They are looking for a Delivery Manager to join the experienced team located in Southend-
On-Sea. Reporting to the Build Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite
delivery of the civil infrastructure for a FTTP network deployment project within Southend-On-
The FTTH Delivery Manager will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to
specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
As a Field Based Project Support you will be responsible for:
• Working with the build manager to complete Network build & Installations to specific deadlines
• To perform pre-build planning walkouts of designs received from the customer
• To determine, plan and allocate resources to ensure that activities are completed efficiently within predetermined timescales
• Drive the weekly program and support to continually improve supervisor’s performance.
• Ensure and monitor effective site operations, so that it complies to New Roads and Street Works Act and Health & Safety requirements
• Ensure all work on-site is carried out to adequate standards, as stated in the contractual specification
• Be responsible for your own safety and aware of the safety of your colleagues/team members and of the general public by fully complying with all procedures of the Health and Safety Handbook
• Responsible for ‘on the day’ delivery of all works in a Safe, Quality and On Time manner and build effective relationships with the client and the Local Authority
• Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off the completed works by the subcontractor to the internal team
• Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones.
• Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Build Manager.
• Possess the ability to read and understand drawings, design schematics and duct diagrams, follow instruction given and provide guidance for allocated team of supervisors.
• Monitor the progress of projects in relation to required milestones or completion dates, giving progress updates daily or as and when required
• Provide a structured and consistent approach in managing of all field operatives across civils activities
• Ensure key objectives and goals are in place with the Supervisors in line with the business strategy.
• Have an awareness of financial impact relating to performance and compliance to specifications and key milestones
• Manage LA/HA stakeholders and attend relevant streetworks meetings as required
The Delivery Manager will need to have extensive experience with Fibre Network Builds (FTTP/FTTH) and are expected to lead a team of civils supervisors ensuring as per specifications while adhering to best industry practices.
To do this as a professional, you should match with following requirements:
• Good understanding of Fibre Network Delivery within FTTP across all skillsets (civils & cabling)
• Very good knowledge of NRSWA, SROH and HAUC
• Proven Track Record within a delivery or build role within telecoms
• Ability to understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness
• NRSWA Street Works supervisor certification all units
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Full Driving Licence
• Competent IT skills including knowledge and experience of a broad range of applications and packages