The role of Project Manager provides customers with a variety of project management services, including but not limited to successfully executing a local project or a sub-project on time, in scope and on budget whilst continually analysing and implementing plans to improve project profitability.
He/she ensures quality execution and customer satisfaction and applies standard processes and escalates new issues upwards through line management.
The post holder will be required to take on any additional duties which may be considered within the remit of the role.
– Supports Sales Team in quote and bid creation.
– Executes project and proposes corrective actions using a standard Project Management Plan in line with Project Management processes.
– Prepares Project Management Plans and project phase plans for the Projects.
– Proposes for approval tactical contingency plans in anticipation of potential problems.
– Prepares resource forecast requirement plans.
– Executes project, monitors and controls progress against a baseline plan, looks continuously for improvement.
– Allocates tasks and priorities as needed.
– Proposes for approval corrective actions when not tracking against the plan.
– Reports on the necessary Project Metrics (e.g. Effort to date, Estimated Cost to Complete, Estimated effort at Completion);
– Ensures Project closure.
– Reports relevant KPIs and milestones defined in each project.
– Contributes to project reviews internally and towards the customer.
– Compiles monthly Service Agent Metrics.
– Generates forecast of work activities as drivers for Service agent resource and capability.
– Hosts internal / external project reviews.
**Manages customer relationships in the scope of project execution.**
– Ensures customer input to the project is received in a timely and effective manner in order to meet project objectives and schedules.
– Obtains customer input sign-off of completed deliverables and formal customer acceptance of project completion.
– Promotes innovation and collaborative approach.
– Monitor and improve customer expectations.
**Ensures compliance of resources with project execution and escalates any issues.**
– Assigns tasks appropriately.
– Reviews the performance weekly and conducts regular project meetings.
– Ensures maximal internal resource utilisation.
– Maintains and, where possible, expands monthly project revenues.
– Ensures that the project is delivered within the approved budget and profitability forecast.
– Based on the Cost Breakdown Structure, manage the cost to complete and cost to control.
– Contributes to cash flow and Operating Working Capital, revenue recognition follow-up..
– Ensures effective billing on a weekly basis.
– Maintains operational P&L, ensuring all revenue and associated costs are tracked.
– Ensures all costs have PO cover prior to commitment.
– Identifies technical risks and manages them as part of standard risk management.
– Proposes corrective action plans and escalates using existing change management plan.
– Responds to scope creep by immediately including modifications to the project scope.
– Uses standard Procurement Management Plans where appropriate.
– Defines project needs, schedule and delivery location.
– Approves purchase orders to be processed by appropriate organisation.
– Accountable for forecast accuracy.
– Leads contract administration strictly limited to contract scope.
– Ensures that processes follow company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality policies.
– Experienced in delivering telecoms/data centre/infrastructure-based projects within set timelines and budgets; Ability to digest technical engineering work packages.
– Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communications skills.
– Highly self-motivated.
– Work ethic flexibility in terms of hours and geography (work in other locations and/or outside normal working hours when required);
– Ability to create or introduce new ideas, methods, or processes to the workplace.
– PC Literate, including MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
– Proven track record in engineering and implementation management.
– Budgetary and business acumen.
– Good geographical understanding of the UK.
– Flexible approach and commitment to meet the client requests.
– Degree or equivalent education (training and/or experience).
– Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent.
– British Safety Council Level 2 Risk Assessment.