Job Title: Civils Supervisor
Location: South London / South of London
Our client is a leading provider of expertise to their clients to maintain and continue the development of the infrastructure of both highways and telecommunications sectors throughout the UK.
Due to continued growth and expansion, they are currently looking to recruit a Civils Supervisor to join their established team in the Oxford.
Overview of Role
To assist the project manager in ensuring deadlines are met, quality maintained and in a cost-effective manner. Ensuring all materials and equipment are available on site and maintained as per company policy.
Ensure gangs/crews are following company procedure in relation to HSEQ through delivery of toolbox talks, site audits, quality audits and relevant health & safety requirements.
• Complete pre-site survey & site risk assessments prior to works to ensure plan feasible and feedback to Project Manager if changes/uplifts/DFEs required
• Understand permit requirements and provide the information of the permits required to Project Manager in a timely manner to protect project deliverables
• Liaise with client/end user/public in advance of works where necessary to ensure awareness of works to be undertaken in advance of works taking place
• Review plans and ensure all documentation is available as required such as utility stats, clear engineering drawings etc
• Manage the day to day undertakings on site, ensuring you have the right people in the right place at the right time with the right equipment/PPE and appropriate documentation including competency qualifications, escalating to the Project Manager any issues that compromise delivery
• Record all deviations from plan where the deviation is outside the standard specification irrespective of whether there is a cost implication
• Ensure feedback is provided in a timely manner to both project manager and/or client for deferral from estimate (DFE), ensure the correct process is undertaken to ensure the DFE is approved and included in the application for client payment where required
• Ensure quality is maintained to minimise FPNs/defects, where FPNs/defects raised liaise with key stakeholders to challenge or rectify in a timely manner
• Set clear expectation of work to be undertaken by gangs/crews including highway/client’s quality standards are met and company policies/procedures adhered to
• Order materials and plant as required in time to meet key project dates
• Perform toolbox talks, site audits and CMS checks in a timely, consistent and routine manner
• Routinely review on site risk assessments and take appropriate action to mitigate risks identified, escalating to the Project Manager where risks are unmitigated
• Comply with Geosight process to ensure correct pictures are taken on site at the appropriate time, ensuring all gangs/crews are compliant with the Geosight process
• Collect information as required for processing of gang/crew wages, overtime, holiday, sickness, medical information by required deadlines
• Provide measures/drawings of works completed to allow processing of gangs/crews wages, noticing/permits and applications for client payment
• Conduct self in a manner that presents a positive image of the company and establishes good relationships with local authority, client, public and other key stakeholders
• Make sure all staff and contractors comply with company Health & Safety standards including site risk assessments Geosite and use all appropriate PPE and control risk with compliance and site safety rules including HSG47.
• Coaching of resources in the spirit of continuous improvement around, communication, updates, photographic and documentary evidence from site
• Conduct weekly checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates and submit to office
• Ensure sites are clear to prevent any fines or penalties for over runs
• Undertake role in a manner that is compliant with company policy and procedures
• Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
• Able to manage own workload and deal with conflicting priorities
• Good people management skills, likes to interact with people
• Able to give and take instruction, constructive feedback and maintain respect
• Able to deal with conflict in a calm and controlled manner
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
• Proactive approach to resolving problems, wants to be part of a team, wants to succeed as a team
• Good IT skills, competent with the use of internet, email and Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Valid NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor card – essential
• First Aid – desirable
• SSSTS – desirable