Job Title: Build Assurance Engineer
Salary: up to £38,000 plus £4800 Car Allowance (for business use only) and bonus scheme
Job Type: Full Time, Perm
Our well-established client is currently assisting towards a full fibre future in the UK.
They are connecting communities and helping to boost the economy with their widespread development of the UK’s digital infrastructure.
Due to their continued growth, they are currently looking to recruit a Build Assurance Engineer for their project in the Slough area, to provide support and guidance to contract partners and ensure that works are completed against time, cost, quality, and safety metrics.
Reporting to the Build Manager, the Build Assurance Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery of a Full Fibre Network FFN deployment project within a city. Responsible for both the civil and fibre construction activities the Build Assurance Engineer will ensure that the supply partner is carrying out site operations on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines, street works legislation and as per contract works information.
The build assurance engineer will ensure that any changes to the design are effectively communicated to all stakeholders and effective governance is applied.
The Build Assurance role will include (but not limited to):
- Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to the company specifications, NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
- Will act as the NEC3 Supervisor under the contract, ensuring that the works are carried out in line with the quality defined by the Works Information. The BAE will have a regular presence on site, providing independent scrutiny of the works, ensuring the correct materials are used and to the correct standards. This includes the management of defects, witnessing of tests and regular site inspections.
- Coach and support the build partner, ensure that any ‘blockers’ to the plan are highlighted and escalated appropriately.
- Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits using iAuditor across a minimum of 50% of deployed gangs.
- Co-ordinate, capture the measure for the completed works jointly with the contractor and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Contractor to the Contract Management team.
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Build Manager.
- Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project and client requirements.
- Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities, and other Utilities companies to coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
- Ensure the principal contractor have suitable and sufficient, site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place.
- Ensure the principal contractor is pro-active in discharging (both accountable and responsible) their duties under the CDM regulations.
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused.
- Deputising for the Build Manager at Local Authority Highways/Roads and Contractor meetings.
- Ensure the project documentation for each work package and is closed correctly and checklist is completed.
- Utilities Supervisory Experience, NRSWA qualified with Highways Experience
- Self-motivated with a passion to succeed
- OSP Telecoms Network Build experience – Civils construction, cabling and splicing.
- Experience of managing contracted engineering works
- Fibre Optics Splicing & OTDR / ILM testing
- Blown & Traditional Cable installation techniques
- Strong communicator with the ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Demonstrable understanding of method statements and risk assessments.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991 (NRSWA)
- Valid NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Accreditation (units 1, 10-16)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience of CRM systems – Salesforce
- Experience of workflow management software to track on-site works
- Project management experience
- Project Management qualifications e.g., Prince 2 Foundation
- Civil Engineering qualifications (BTEC/ONC/HNC or equivalent experience in an engineering/construction discipline)
- Fibre Optic / Cabling Installation Certification (i.e. C&G 3667)
- CSCS Construction Site Supervisor Card
- IOSH Managing Safety